This is one you can serve as an appetizer for your holiday parties and impress your guess you can smoke your fresh catch of the day a few days ahead of time and this fish spread will last in the refrigerator for 1 week or take it with you to a party you have been invited to either way you are going to impress them all I guarantee it! You can use also Spanish mackerel, trout, mullet or king fish for this spread.
HOW TO SMOKE YOUR FISH –
Josee’s Smoked Fish Spread
• Servings: 10
• 1 1/2 cup(s) of Smoke fish
• 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia cream cheese
• 2 tbsp. of sweet relish
• 1/4 cup(s) of sweet onion chopped small
• 1 Celery stalk chopped fine
• 1 tbsp. of worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper
• 1 pinch of salt and pepper
• 2 tbsp. of fresh parsley
• 1 tsp. of fresh lemon juice
1. Mix all together well. Serve with crackers you may garnish with parsley and a slice lemon
Sheepshead with Fresh Tomato Salsa
2 sheepshead filets or (snapper)
2 tablespoons light olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 medium tomato chopped
2 tablespoons onion chopped fine
1 garlic clove minced
2 tablespoons cilantro chopped fine
½ of a lime juiced
Cook rice according to package instructions.
Coat filets with olive oil and season with sea salt. On medium high heat in a non-stick pan cook filet skin side down until skin is nice and golden turn and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until fish easily flakes with a fork.
Toss remaining ingredients. Serve fish over rice and top fish with salsa.